Injury Management System: Four Simple Ways to Quickly Get Injured Employees Back to Work
It is unlikely that anyone can stop an accident from occurring. We can only work to prevent it, before it happens, or mitigate it after it does. When it does, a return-to-work program ensures that the employee is well taken care of, and easily integrated back into the company.
While return-to-work is an overwhelming and hard to-oversee process, frequently filled with possibilities for blunder and monetary spillage, the advantages of a well-run program are genuine. These include the cost reductions that originate from shortening the term of open cases and avoiding the need to supplant injured employees.
Replacing new employees is quickly becoming expensive. With the average cost of replacing employees is upwards of 21% of salary, according to a Center for American Progress study, ensuring that injured workers to return is one of the most cost-effective measures for any company.
The money-saving advantages can be additionally amplified for those employers who automate the whole return-to-work process with integrated risk management technology — diminishing the time it takes to finish return-to-work undertakings from many months to hours and days.
What drives worker damage expenses for employers?
Once an accident happens, employers are in charge of five noteworthy cost drivers:
- Health Benefits
- Reimbursement Benefits (Indemnity)
- Permanent Partial Disability (PPD)
- Recovery expenses
- Indirect Costs
Return-to-Work Technology: Usefulness that Pays
Integrated risk management technology can address and decrease the effect of these cost drivers by automating the whole return-to-work process from end to end. This enables users to capture, share and break down an extensive variety of consistent data with the end goal to deal with the way toward getting an employee through transitional or light duty and back to full duty in the most skillful way conceivable.
The usefulness of integrated risk management technology that empowers such return-to-work productivity are:
1. Return-to-Work Technique/Plan Setup: A Return-to-Work plan is a collective system included the employee, chief, treating wellbeing proficient, guarantee agent and Return-to-Work coordinator. The arrangement diagrams what requirements to occur and when it will occur with the end goal to help the injured or sick worker return to full obligation. It likewise tracks the accompanying segments:
- Goal(s) to replace the worker with duties that are appropriate and accessible;
- Activities and exercises required to accomplish the goal(s);
- Time periods for accomplishing the goal(s);
- Social insurance needs, for example, therapeutic arrangements.
- Electronic Form Circulation and Status Tracking: Disentangle your capacity to remain on top of correspondence with electronic structures and workflows. Send and get the appropriate reports out to employees, doctors, and supervisors. Track the stream of data to mirror the present status. An injury management system automates the entire electronic and information stream process, including electronic mark capacity and the capacity to gather coded information through email and online gateways.
- Transitional Task Management: Returning an employee to work as quickly as time permits ordinarily require transitional or impermanent employment assignments. Coordinating confinements with occupation obligations is fundamental for employees to perform significant work inside their abilities. An injury management system can deal with the whole occupation task process, incorporating coordinating confinements with the right light obligation work task and issuing electronic employment offers.
- Savings and ROI Metrics: The chosen metrics can demonstrate the viability of case management and feature the reserve funds accomplished by returning employees to work even more effectively and rapidly. An integrated investment funds calculator additionally enables you to evaluate reserve funds in direct expenses. A powerful injury management system can also identify the individual case; reserve funds dependent on ongoing benchmarks from the vast handicap rule databases accessible
Returning injured workers into your worksite is cost-effective. Not only does it save you money, but it saves you time also. You do not need to be worried about replacing the employee with contractors or anything like that.
By tracking the progress of your worker using an injury management system, you can stay updated on every new development. This not only shows your workers you care, but it also eliminates any last minute surprises for you as well.
Get started today and take advantage of our FREE TRIAL. Use our all-in-one software and experience the future of safety and employee management.