Benefits of Inducting New Contractors Online
Inducting new contractors is always a challenge for many managers. In fact, many managers who use our contractor induction software described the onboarding process as one of the “biggest management challenges” they were facing.
Honestly, this should not come as a surprise for several reasons. For example, independent contractors are more likely to spend less time with you than an employee would. Also, because contractors usually have specialised skill sets that are in demand, they would probably be working in different locations and be on a very tight schedule. Because of these reasons, onboarding contractors as quickly as possible is a top priority.
However, most companies still use the traditional classroom model of training new employees. Unfortunately, this model no longer works due to today’s demanding work environment. This is especially true when it comes to health and safety induction for independent contractors.
Disadvantages of this model include:
- Delaying workers from starting their jobs,
- Cutting into production schedules (for manufacturing companies), and
- Failing to take into account the diverse learning styles of contractors
Also, this model is too time-consuming to plan and administer – especially for managers with hectic schedules. It is because of these reasons and disadvantages that companies are now turning to online contractor induction software to help them induct new contractors in the company’s health and safety training protocols.
Benefits of Using Contractor Induction Software
There are several reasons why a manager should opt for using software to induct new contractors. As mentioned earlier in this article, getting contractors inducted as soon as possible is a top priority if you want your company to remain productive and still compliant with safety regulations.
Listed below are some of the benefits you will get when you induct new contractors online using Beakon’s contractor induction software:
- Contractor’s accountability, responsibility, and tracking are boosted
- Because contractors spend more time in the field and less in a classroom, they can become more productive
- All onboarding training is standardised and streamlined
- The induction is self-paced, so this accommodates the different learning styles of your contractors
- The effectiveness and efficiency of your contractors are significantly increased
- It saves much money that would otherwise go into logistics and in-person training
- You can increase contractor retention through frequent testing of their knowledge as they feel you care about their growth
Our contractor management software has been embraced by top brands from various industries. One of the reasons for this adoption is because our software is one of the most effective when it comes to health and safety training.
We have various modules that cater to several aspects of workplace safety including incident management, injury management, learning management, permit to work and risk assessment. This makes our all-in-one software even more valuable to managers who end up deploying the software across their entire organisation. If you want to take our contractor induction software for a spin, you can grab a free trial here.